Every Monday is Inquiry Day: Our Theme Is ‘Sport and Healthy Bodies’

We Love Inquiry Day

As you look and reflect in the photos attached to this post you will see the engagement and high level of cognitive challenge students are experiencing during our Monday Inquiry Day. 5/6J and our neighbor 5/6C join together with the help of their teachers Miss Cook and Mrs Joyce, Support Staff Mrs Pearce and Mr Filo and our lovely Literacy Support Teacher Mrs Mitchell to enrich the students with independent learning skills.

Our theme this term is ‘Sport and Healthy Bodies’ and students are participating in the following:

* Compiling a solid inquiry question.

* Mind Mapping their prior Knowledge.

* Mind Mapping research and new information needed for inquiry success.

* Preparing 3 design phases through problem solving and creativity.

* Building an interactive display

* Presenting their designs, models and research to a school wide audience.

Monday’s are definitely a favorite student day. You can see why – take a look.

One thought on “Every Monday is Inquiry Day: Our Theme Is ‘Sport and Healthy Bodies’

1. August 13, 2012 at 8:32 am

As 5/6J and 5/6C work together on this inquiry protege on the human body and sport I hope every one is doing a great job on this task.

2. Sheila Whitehead
    August 13, 2012 at 10:40 am

5/6J and 5/6C, I really love working in your rooms on a Monday. Everyone is really engaged in some meaningful activities, from designing and researching tp reporting back. Your previous Inquiry unit demonstrated your ability to work co-operatively and I am sure this one will also provide some spectacular results.

3. Bailey!:)
    August 14, 2012 at 12:50 am

I am sick again and Ashley I am sorry for being away sick on inquiry day,I really like doing inquiry with a good person to work with like you,thank you Mrs.Joyce and Miss.Cook for pairing me up with Ashley.I wasen’t able to put any more comments on last night because heaps stuff was happening to my computer to make it better.

• August 14, 2012 at 9:01 am

I think Ashley feels sorry for you because you are sick but I hope you feel better soon.

4. zannah
    August 14, 2012 at 7:24 am

Its hard but in the end its going to look good and all our hard work is going to be something worth it.

• August 14, 2012 at 7:56 am

Zannah is right it Maye look hard but in the end it will be amazing to know how well you did.

5. Anneliese
    August 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

I love Inquiry day.You can research and figure out stuff you wouldn’t have known before and if you already know stuff about the topic your doing it’s makes it easier! 🙂

6. Scott
    August 22, 2012 at 10:38 am

This is getting harder and harder making stress engolf us a we continue through out this torcher construction. I feel my pessimism is taking over and telling we wont succeed this death inpacking test.