The AFL Grand Final is one of the biggest days of the year in Australia. The two tops teams battle it pour to see who is the supreme team. This year the two teams were the Sydney Swans who Mrs Joyces daughter Chloe barracks for and the Hawthorn Hawks. The day is all about football and is usually a huge family day for football fans.

This year 99,683 people crammed into the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) to watch the game. Meanwhile over 500 million people watched the game on televisions around the world. With Chloe barracking for the Sydney Swans Tom and Kapai were a little bit brainwashed and had to cheer for her team. We hope you enjoy the photos of the day.

One thought on “Tom and Kapai experience their first Australian Football League (AFL) Grand Final

1. Ashlee =D
    October 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

Mrs Joyce,
    I just have to ask, were you, Tom and Kapai going for the MIGHTY HAWKS or the annoying Swans?

Well we were going for the Mighty Hawks and the sad thing was that they lost!! 🙁
    I think the Hawks lost because of Buddy’s pour kicking at goal and also because Cyril Rioli got about four touches in the whole game.

Anyway our dad said that we are lucky enough to have seen a Grand Final and won it in our lives because some teams haven’t won a Grand Final in a long time and kids who support a team that hasn’t won one for a long time wouldn’t have seen it for themselves and have felt what it means to win a Grand Final for themselves as well.

To be honest with you, I thought that Sydney would win because of the game they versed Collingwood and because in that game, Sydney were could get through the hard times in the game and Collingwood couldn’t and also because the Swans were very competitive not like Collingwood.
    The way Hawthorn played against Adelaide, it really didn’t look like they really wanted to play in the Grand Final, it looked like Adelaide wanted it more.

From the dissapointed, Ashlee Turrell! 🙁

2. Riley Atlee
    October 6, 2012 at 11:35 am

Ashlee I know your sad but you dont just blame people for the lost its a team effort

• Jaymes
      October 8, 2012 at 1:09 am

I agree Riley I thourght that the Swans. I made a bet that Hawks would win by 23 or over and David said Swans would win by 10 and they did so he got $10 and Glenn lost his own $10.

3. October 6, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Swannies all the way Ashlee sorry!!!!! Hi Riley good to see you on the blog. Comment, comment so many great things have been happening on the blog we have more new friends.

4. Scott *_*
    October 6, 2012 at 12:47 pm

yawn… there are going to be arguments for the rest of the week. Time to get the ear muffs out.

5. October 6, 2012 at 11:04 pm

wow did they have fun seeing the afl and seeing the game?

6. Kristen =P
    October 7, 2012 at 5:56 am

It looked like Sydney were going to win after the second quarter because the Hawk stars weren’t doing anything at all. Cyril didnt do anything and Buddy could not kick straight. But Sydney deserved the win seeing how they havent won an AFL grand final since 2005 and Hawks won one in 2008, so good on Sydney, ’bout time. 🙂

7. Anneliese
    October 7, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Congratulations Sydney!
    I was barracking for the Hawks and I was so ashamed because it was only my brother and I!

8. October 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm