Advertisements

The True Meaning of Christmas – Family and thoughts of Others

Do They Know It’s Christmas

Band Aid was a charity supergroup featuring leading British and Irish musicians and recording artists.[1][2][3] It was founded in 1984 byBob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise money for anti-poverty efforts in Ethiopia by releasing the song “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” for the Christmas market that year. On 25 November 1984, the song was recorded at Sarm West Studios in Notting Hill, London, and was released in the UK four days later.[4][5] The single surpassed the hopes of the producers to become the Christmas number one on that release.

The Band Aid project inspired other charity records around the world, including We Are the World by USA for Africa (in the United States), Cantaré Cantarás by Project Hermanos (inLatin America), Nackt im Wind by Band für Afrika (in Germany), Ethiopie by Chanteurs Sans Frontiere‘(in France), Tears Are Not Enough by Northern Lights (in Canada), Show some Concern by The Concerned in IrelandSammen for Livet by Forente Artister (in Norway), Maksamme Velkaa by Apua-Orkesteri (in Finland), Chega de Mágoa by Nordeste Já (inBrazil), Za milion godina by YU Rock Misija (in Yugoslavia), Stars by Hear ‘n Aid (international heavy metal artists), Afrika written by Nanna with various Danish artists, and many others.

Since I was 12 years old this song has been my most favourite Christmas Song, I want to share it with you 5/6J and all our Global Friends. Merry Christmas. I love the togetherness of Christmas so watch the blog become all christmasy!

Advertisements

One thought on “The True Meaning of Christmas – Family and thoughts of Others

1. talia
    December 11, 2012 at 12:34 am

Wow I like this song but what i wonder is how long was this song made and who are the people in the video? I know one of the people but I like the song for it beat and for the time of year right now.

2. Zoey
    December 11, 2012 at 6:14 am

Wow awsome that is I don’t know fantastic mixed with brrilliant also mixed with fabulous.

3. Scott
    December 11, 2012 at 11:35 am

The true meaning of Christmas it what you think, the main purpose is a religious substanchel point of view with the birth of Jesus and such and such. And our gifts are representing what he got, “gold Frankensence muir”.

4. Aleisha
    December 12, 2012 at 5:56 am

Wow that song is great it has a big meaning in the song the different way people celabrate christmas it might different in some ways but it is still christmas.

5. Jaymes
    December 13, 2012 at 12:30 am

To me the true meaning of Christmas is your family to come together to celebrate Chistmas. The true meaning of Christmas is to have a great time with your family and to have FUN!

6. Jaymes
    December 13, 2012 at 12:32 am

The true meaning of Christmas is to mainly to celebrate Jesu’s birthday.

7. Riley.F
    December 13, 2012 at 12:33 am

That was one of my favourite songs. My other favourite song was the little drummer boy.

8. Bec =P
    December 17, 2012 at 12:49 am

I liked it but I would love it more if the sound of the bass was louder and a bit more techno too. But I liked it 🙂