One thought on “Look and Learn: The Miniature Earth

1. Heidie
    February 14, 2013 at 2:27 am

I can see sad faces that want a better life. I think the main purpose of this video is to help the poor people. I can understand the description at the end of the video.
    I can see people facial expressions with second chances/begging for another life. I can see description, describing the people that would be on miniture earth.
    I think that the rich should give people chances in life. This video is so heart breaking. πŸ™ Its like I can almost feel how desprate they are.
    Why did they choose this project? Does anyone have an affect on this short video? If yes, do you Mrs Joyce? How did they find out this information? Could this video be a hypothesis?

• February 14, 2013 at 2:45 am

‘Wow’ Heide I am blown away by your deep questioning. Luke has asked deep questions about the bike rider as well. I think the both of you need to take the step to follow your questions. Research further just as you did with the Fatmid Foundation. My questions to you Heidie are – What was the project? Can you find out more about it? I chose this clip because I wanted us to think about the global world, what if we shrunk it and what would we have? I was very affected by this clip because it make me feel lucky to be living the life I live. Taylah and I sponsor a young girl in Uganda for reasons that jump out at me from the clip, the importance of Education. Education is the gift to a better life. Could this video be a hypothesis? What an outstanding question,s you tell me what you think!
      A very inspirational comment Heidie, I am very proud you πŸ™‚

• Heidie
        February 14, 2013 at 2:58 am

Thanks Mrs Joyce! πŸ˜€
        I think that it is a hypothesis because they are telling us what they think what is going to happen if the world was miniture.
        I agree with you Mrs Joyce that education is the gift of a better life because education is important. It helps you earn money by getting jobs.
        I will try and find more about this! πŸ˜€

2. Heidie
    February 14, 2013 at 3:00 am

I went on their blog I think it is and there is info. I have a website here about the project: http://mosaic.cisv.org/stories/entries/blog_0070.html
    In the Miniature Earth project numbers and facts are presented based on this assumption thus making it much easier for individuals to understand and value their own social, cultural and economic situation in straight relation to others.
    Did you know that almost half of the people live without basic sanitation, 18 of a hundred without direct access to water? Only 8 of a hundred have internet access – don’t we just take all this for granted?

• February 14, 2013 at 3:06 am

Heidie tomorrow we will discuss as a grade your point about taking things for granted and next week I think I’ll set up a persuasive lesson using this as our topic. Thank you for your thoughts and ideas. I will have a look at the website you have posted and see what else we can use it for on our blog. If you have any ideas please feel free to let me know.

• Heidie
        February 14, 2013 at 3:11 am

Okay! πŸ˜€ It sound like fun! I extreamly love going on the blog! πŸ˜€ Ph and your welcome. πŸ™‚ My pleasure!

February 14, 2013 at 7:54 am

I see hungry children. I see wealthy people living in the city. I think this is encouraging people to donate to the less foranate and poor not just in our own country. It is telling us about the different religions that are around now and that we should respect the religion that the person is. It says that we are richer than 75% of the worlds population. I feel lucky that I have a roof over my head and have a bed. We take everything for granted. I would like to know how to help the people in poor countries. I would like to know how they got all this information and I would like toward some more about this. πŸ™ I feel sporty for the people who don’t have a home or food or even bed to sleep in . πŸ™

• Rennae
      February 14, 2013 at 7:55 am

I feel sorry not I feel sporty. :/

4. Amy
    February 14, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I see shadowy faces that want a better way of life. It will be devistating that only 100 people will be on Earth. There will be only 50 females and 50 males on Earth.12 can’t read and 12 are disabled.There will be only 1 jewish, 1 from Oceania and 12 Europeans. It will be very sad. That will be a sader way of life.

5. natashae
    February 15, 2013 at 2:55 am

i feel sad because some people don’t have a roof over their head food to eat water to drink and they can’t play:(