Meteorite Hits Russia! [HD] Feb 15th 2013

History in Russia on Mrs Joyce’s Birthday

On my birthday last Friday I did realise that history was about to be made. A large Meteorite hit Russia. Russians watched as it flew through the air and came to a crashing halt. I’ll have to ask Eoin in Miss Cook’s grade all about meteorites because I don’t know much about them. I think he might be an expert. Look at the clip and be amazed.

Did you know that a meteorite hit Russia?

What do you see?

What do you hear?

What do you think?

One thought on “Meteorite Hits Russia! [HD] Feb 15th 2013

1. Ashton
    February 19, 2013 at 10:22 pm

All of the damege I could see from the metiorite was unberleavable! I think that the metiorite must of been huge, because when you see a shooting star at night, it is actully a metior coming throught the atmispheir and just burning up! I could hear people yelling because they are getting cut and ingered from the shttered glass!

2. Jaymes
    February 20, 2013 at 5:11 am

I feel sad that if anyone was injured or died. Everything that was damaged destroyed. How did the meteoroid come to earth? Will there be another meteoroid hitting earth?

3. hayley
    February 20, 2013 at 5:50 am

I feel sad if any one as be hart

4. Eoin
    February 20, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hi Mrs Joyce, thanks for mentioning me in your blog. By the way a meteorite is a chunk of rock from space that enters our atmostphere and hits the ground. A meteor is similar only it burns up before it hits the ground. The energy of this meteorite in Russia was compared to a neculear bomb. This meteorite will have a huge effect on lots of business in this Russian town because of the loss of money due to repairs needed, and all the people who had to leave work due to being injured.

• February 20, 2013 at 9:31 am

Thank you so much Eoin for commenting on 5/6J’s blog. I don’t really know much about meteorites so thank you for teaching me something new. I will look for further space information that I need clarified because I know you are the person that has the knowledge to educate me. Im looking forward to chatting further about this historic moment. I just feel lucky the meteorite didn’t land in Australia. From Mrs Joyce

February 21, 2013 at 9:46 am

I can’t believe a meteorite actually hit Russia. I am really surprised that no one got hurt when it happened. I can’t believe how much damage the meteorite did. I am sorry for all the people who’s property got badly damaged. I wounded if another meteorite will hit? How big was the meteorite? There was a lot of damage done to Russia from the meteorite. You can see so many shares of glass that has broken from the windows. I feel sad for every one in Russia that was affected. 🙁