Tom our travelling tourist from Germany recovers from his operation

Tom survives surgery without any complications

It has been an emotional few weeks as our friend Tom from Germany required surgery. Tom is very loved in the 5/6J class and all the loved and hugs he gets caused his ear to fall off. Luckily Mrs Pearce who works in our room as a Support Officer was able to perform emergency surgery.

We would like to let all our friends in Germany know that Tom os recovering well and has been taken home each night with students in the grade to be loved and cared for. We were so sad that he couldn’t make the trip to Melbourne but he will be definitely coming to camp with us in October.

IMG_3920 IMG_3922IMG_3921IMG_3923

One thought on “Tom our travelling tourist from Germany recovers from his operation

March 6, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Thank Mrs Pearce for fixing Tom ear. He looks a lot better now he has had the operation on his ear. Now Tom can beloved even hopefully without losing another limb. He has had a great recovery so far so we hope the recovery goes well. All the best for Tom. 🙂

2. Jaymes
    March 7, 2013 at 8:24 am

Yay Mrs Peirce fixed Toms ear and it looks if we’ll survive but the only problem is his tail hopefully we can find it tomorrow. Nice stitching Mrs Peice but how do you stitch that well?

3. Jaymes
    March 7, 2013 at 8:26 am

Hopefully Tom doesn’t loose another part before he gets sent back to Germany. All for the best for Tom.

• Ashlee
      March 7, 2013 at 11:41 am

Mrs pierce done a great job fixing Tom up. Tom has been so great and we are pleased to help him out. He didn’t loose any stuffing so I think he will as new as he was. All we have to do now is find his tail and put that back on. Good luck Tom and thanks so much for making Tom better again.

• Heidie 5/6J
      March 8, 2013 at 8:12 am

Do we have to send Tom back to Germany??? 🙁

4. Anneliese
    March 8, 2013 at 7:29 am

I remember when Jordan and I were looking everywhere for Tom’s tail and then we eventually found it after Zoey revealed she had it the whole time! The look on Jordans face was priceless.
    How is Tom going now? I haven’t seem him in a far while. 🙂

• jordan XD
      March 14, 2013 at 6:24 am

haha Annelise very funny but the look on my face was priceless.

5. H E I D I E
    March 8, 2013 at 8:16 am

Thanks Mrs Peirce. I hope Tom didnt hurt too much. His surgery was good. You did a good job Mrs Peirce! He looks very happy with his ear back on. Now he can hear what we learn and our class discussions. But I wonder where his tail is??? I think it is behind the bag tubs.

6. March 8, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Oh, oh , we were scared for a moment. Poor Tom. But we noticed at once that he is ok again. The doctor did a great job. Did he have an anaestesia? 😉 Thanks a lot that you all love him and care about him so well! If he wants he can become a real Australian and stay with you forever. We would be happy to know that Tom is a member of your school family.

7. amy
    March 12, 2013 at 3:15 am

I think Mrs Pearce is a good surgeon. It took about 10 – 15 minutes in the surgery room. Your such an excellent surgeon Mrs Pearce.

8. Ashton
    March 12, 2013 at 3:24 am

Tom looks like he is deffenetly not having fun! After the surgery I wouldn’t even want to have ears because I didn’t want my ears to fall off again! Don’t worry Tom, I have had a surgery too! And I survived! This happened when I was 4 years old. There was a hole in the couch with fluff in it! I spotted it and got some of the fluff out of the couch! You know when your young you don’t think before you do anything! So, when I got the fluff out of the coach I put it up my nose and it got stuck! So I had to go to Hospital and have surgery to get it out!!! 🙁 So your not the only one to have surgery Tom! EVERYONE has surgery.

9. Ashton
    March 12, 2013 at 3:26 am

I HATE SURGERY!!!!!!

10. luke
    March 13, 2013 at 1:07 am

thankyou mrs pearse for sowing tom’s ear back on he is my favrouite traveling teddy and he will alyays be like that and 56j is really happy now that he is fixed and going to peoples houses again!

11. Alanah
    March 13, 2013 at 7:02 am

Hope you guy have fun with him and
    Okk after him and respect.

12. 李翊寧
    March 14, 2013 at 3:46 am

好可愛喔!!!
    這是誰的啊???

• March 14, 2013 at 3:48 am

Sampson Ning

March 14, 2013 at 3:46 am edit

So cute!!
      Who is this???

• March 14, 2013 at 3:51 am

This is Tom one of our traveling buddies who has come from Germany.

And also Tom is now fixed so you might find photos of him on the blog!

• Heidie :)
        March 15, 2013 at 5:14 am

Recently Annelise and someone else had been fiddling with Tom. His ear ripped off and we finnaly found it hidden. Luckily Mrs Pearce our class aid had stiched his ear back on! But now we just have to find his tail…..;)