The City of Latrobe, Gippsland are strong supporters of 5/6J’s blog. We welcome their involvement and interaction.

Remember if you have an email you can leave comments that our class will respond to.

Our school is part of the Latrobe City Education Network. Check out the visitors guide http://www.visitlatrobecity.com

About Latrobe City

Just an hour’s drive east of Melbourne, you will begin to experience the beauty of Gippsland, Victoria. This extraordinarily diverse landscape offers stunning national parks, abundant wildlife and pristine lakes as well as showcasing some of the finest food and boutique, hand crafted wines in the world.

At the heart of all this beauty is Central Gippsland; Latrobe City, Walhalla and Mountain Rivers, and Baw Baw Country. Whatever your preference, you will find the accommodation, activities and even events to make your stay a good one.

latrobe1 latrobe2 latrobe3 latrobe4 latrobe5 latrobe6

One thought on “Welcome Latrobe City, Gippsland to the world of Blogging with 5/6J. Our educational gateway to the world.

1. Ashton
    April 19, 2013 at 8:18 am

Hi Mrs Joyce,
    Know belive it or not but the picture with there big soccer ball on there tip of there sign, I have actully seen it whew I went to see my sister play soccer years ago! :0 My sister played well! 🙂 Obviously every one knows what the Traralgon post office…. hopefully!:) And I am positive that there building up top on there right is in Morwell, I think? But I don’t know the others.

• April 20, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Lucky is having a great time at my house. My famliy went for a sleep over in Morwell at a frends house. Lucky went for a seep over with me.

2. Hayley
    April 20, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I think I no where some of them photos live. 3 of the photos are in Morwell. The paper mill. The building . The soccer oval.

3. Amy
    April 22, 2013 at 4:57 am

Wow! theres another Latrobe city in the world. How big is it? How many towns does it have?

4. Ben the 2nd
    April 23, 2013 at 10:26 am

Fact 1: Latrobe City started to produce some of the wealth that gold that came from Ballarat and Bendigo.

5. Ben
    April 23, 2013 at 10:30 am

Fact 2: The Department Of Mines is the largest single deposit of brown coal in the world.

6. Mason
    April 24, 2013 at 6:07 am

Theys a Latrobe river flows into lake Welington to the east of sale. {vic}

7. Mason
    April 24, 2013 at 6:08 am

Latrode valley Usa post combustion capture project cambridge university press cambridge, united kingdom, NY,USA

8. April 24, 2013 at 7:54 am

Reblogged this on Rennae's Blog and commented:
    I never knew that there was another Latrobe city in the world.