Whenever you join something new, it is always polite to introduce yourself to the other people in the group. That is what this week’s activities are all about.
Here are some examples to check out, but be creative.
- Jake’s bio poem (Jake is one of our student mentors)
- Jake’s updated about me page
- Jess’s about page
- Rio’s bio poem and Zylah’s poem using wordle
- Mrs Amri’s class page
- 3/4/5H also give you ideas for an autobiographical poem to create
- Mrs Donofrio explains the name of their blog
- Teegan’s slideshare about herself
- Harry wrote a list of facts about himself
- create a Voki like the students in this class have
Activity 1. You might like to write a poem about yourself, create or update an about me/us page or post. Remember to be internet safe and not add any personal information.
Activity 2. Introduce your class, school, family using another page or post. Maybe go outside to take photos of your school or neighbourhood to include in a slideshow on the about me/us page.
Activity 3. You are going to start getting visitors to your blog. Do you have some questions you would like them to answer? Write a post asking questions for your visitors to answer about themselves.
Still got time left this week – visit students in your coloured group and leave a comment or ask a question on the about me post or page. You’ll find the student blog list for Sept 2013 here.
Classes check out the other class blogs on either side of yours in the participation list – visit other blogs with the same age group. You”ll find the class blog list for Sept 2013 here.
If your class has its own twitter account, please remember to use #13stubc when tweeting about the challenge activities or the posts you have written.