Advertisements

Inquiry Expo Reflection: Read Students Thoughts About The Experience

Reflecting

Today 4J and 4B participated in a fabulous inquiry expo. It is important that we reflect on our learning and how the morning went. I want you to think about these things:

What should I do next term better? Things to fix

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?

What was important about the expo for you today?

image

Advertisements

One thought on “Inquiry Expo Reflection: Read Students Thoughts About The Experience

1. Xbraids
    September 4, 2014 at 4:25 am

Next term I will try to memorise more thing so that I can present better.

I didn’t do too well. I wasn’t very enthusiastic and Ethan did most of the work.

No because I never left my stall to get people.

Show people the topic and show what I learnt.

If people know about charities than they can donate in real life and leave lots of kids happy.

I explained that you can donate resources aswell as money.

By Xbraids.

• Xbraids
      September 4, 2014 at 4:30 am

I tried to show my work but I couldn’t think of much and whenever I tried to say something Ethan would still be speaking and I didn’t want to be rude

2. Leah4j
    September 4, 2014 at 4:29 am

1.stay at my stall and pitch in more.
    2.not so well because I didn’t stay at my stall and I didn’t pitch in that much.
    3.no I didn’t see any pattern in what others did that made me successful I did something that someone else did but it did not make me successful.
    4.i can restart if other people come over to the stall and speech up louder.
    5.me learning from my mistakes and teaching other people about things I learnt.

• Xbraidz
      September 5, 2014 at 7:11 am

After reading this I think you did a very good job Leah.

3. Liam
    September 4, 2014 at 4:32 am

1. I think I should get more information and some more manners

2. I think I went astonishing today because everyone wanted to come to our inquiry and me and Madie B.W explained to everyone perfectly.

3. I did have a pattern it is that me and some others went out of their inquiry and told people to come over and take a look

4. I think I can get dressed up in my culture next time and people might come over if I’m in character next term

5. The thing that was importnet for me today was that everyone was ergent to come to my inquiry question to know the website

6. I said ” today I want to teach you about Indians some Indians have no food no home and some can’t afford schools and some schools are under bridges a train could come and the bridge could break and they would be so hurt so please donate know

• Deegan
      September 4, 2014 at 4:43 am

You don’t need better manners you have got excellent manners

• September 5, 2014 at 7:13 am

I think you would have had very good manners Liam. I have no idea how you wouldn’t have had good. Manners.

4. September 4, 2014 at 4:33 am

What should I do next term better? I think something I should do better next time is to speak up because I don’t think people could hear me much.

How well did I do today at expo? What I did well was presenting my work and sharing my ideas, but what I didn’t do well was trying hard. I knew because I didn’t have a headache.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?

What was important about the expo for you today?

What did I explain to people today at the expo?

5. Eathan
    September 4, 2014 at 4:34 am

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    I think I need to make sure I know the answers to the questions people ask me. Be better prepared and know all about my topic.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    I think I did an awesome job because we raised lots of fake money through donations form people who stopped at our stall. I invited people to see my stall and then I helped my partner to explain my inquiry topic.

I made my donation box obvious to people.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    I was enthusiastic and encouraged people to visit my store. Made sure people knew about the wristbands.

What was important about the expo for you today?
    It was important to me because i want girls in Pakistan to get an education.

I explained how we can support girls in Pakistan to get an education. I also explained who Malalia waas to those people who didn’t know her.

6. Deegan
    September 4, 2014 at 4:36 am

What should I do next term better ?Things to fix to get more people to come to my stand. to be comfedent we’ll I feel what I’ve been doing.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer I did well because I tried my best and I tried to be comfedent

Do I see any patterns in what I did that was the same as others that helped me to be successful? I ask some people to come over to my stand

What skills can I use next term that I used well today? To tell everyone what I was researching

What was important about the expo for you today? Getting my family to come and to tell everyone what I was researching

What did I explain to people today at the expo? Tell us a little about your topic. It was about schools in Uganda

I LOVE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

• September 4, 2014 at 4:48 am

I wish I was in mrs Joyces grade next year mrs Joyce is the best teacher in the WOLD

7. nick
    September 4, 2014 at 4:36 am

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    fill in the gaps on the mood board.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    Very well because we told them about our topic.

I got ideas for the decoration from others which is good for my work.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    My speaking strategies, which were good to use for next term.

What was important about the expo for you today?
    Mum coming to see my work and what I did today.

life of the children in Uganda how difficult it is for them to get an education.

8. Leah4j
    September 4, 2014 at 4:37 am

1.stay at my stall and pitch in more.
    3.no I didn’t see any pattern in what others did that made me successful I did something that someone else did but it did not make me successful I respected others, I actively listened, I tried hard and cooperated with the people that came to our stall and to jasmine.
    4.i can restart if other people come over to the stall and speech up louder.
    5.me learning from my mistakes and teaching other people about things I learnt.

9. Issachar
    September 4, 2014 at 4:39 am

I need to be standing insted of better eye contact.

10. Maddison
    September 4, 2014 at 4:39 am

Q1: Get more people to come over to my stall. Speak a bit louder.
    Q2: I think I did well because I answered every question I got asked.
    Q3: When I saw the way they spoke it made me more confident and speak louder.
    Q4: Giving enough information and being able to show I learnt something.
    Q5: To be able to convince teachers how desperate students are in Ghana for a fantastic teacher that is really experienced.
    Q6: How bad the education of students are in some Ghana schools,why they should donate,why education is important and why they should volunteer for teaching in Ghana.

11. Max
    September 4, 2014 at 4:41 am

What should I do next term better?
    Not being shiy and not hiding from people.

How well did I do today at expo?
    I did grate because I touke to people I now.

I souw people bring people to ther stand.

What Active Learners Skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    Woking together as a grope.

What was important about the expo for you today?
    Proberly the moud bourd.

What did I explain to people today at the expo?
    I explaind how people can help ghana schools.

12. Kaiden
    September 4, 2014 at 4:41 am

1. Explain our charity better and speak up more.
    2. I think I did very very we’ll at our xpo because I got a whole lot of people at my expo and I succeeded on getting a whole lot of fake ticket money.
    3. Well others where incoureging people to conjecture to ther xpo by asking them very nicely to make them feel confident and calm to come to our xpo.
    4. I would keep on sticking my big posters on the wall so I can fit all of my inquiry objects and supplies on the table to fit it on.
    5. It was to explain how and why they should donate to our charity and to show how much South African students need our help.
    6. I explained it by telling them why they need our help and what is making them have a better education.

Kaiden.

13. Alex T
    September 4, 2014 at 4:42 am

To put More strong words and I need to put more details in to my work.
    Focas on my own work.I could have more evidence for my work.
    Sptacular and I was comfdint and saprised and wanted lots of people come to my charity. I need to not roll a round on the flour when M.R price when’t to come to my store but I could be more scsecfful

14. Regan
    September 4, 2014 at 4:44 am

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    Many not smile so mutch because my mouth hearts

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    No so good because Kate did all the talkingaboute the enfo

My pateren today was that I was inthusiastic about talking to everyone and that I tried

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    Talking to the younger kids slower so I could understand

What was important about the expo for you today?
    That I got to Shamir my learning

On expo I think that I was focused

15. Leah4j
    September 4, 2014 at 4:46 am

1.stay at my stall ,pitch in more , I should should fill my mood board and use my time wisely.
    4.i can restart if other people come over to the stall and speech up louder.
    5.me learning from my mistakes and teaching other people about things I learnt.
    6.i told people about what our charity is called and what our charity does,about our mood board and showed people my compare and contrast our information reports (and I turned what mrs Joyce wrote into a booklet) and things we can do to help like volunteering and sending a gift. P.s this is the one mrs Joyce not to delete.

16. Alex4j
    September 4, 2014 at 4:51 am

Dear Mrs Joyce
    What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    Put more pictures on my mood board next time because this term I put heaps but there was still a lot of space so that a my goal for next term or time.Also I should of made more fist bands and speaking a little bit slower.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    I think I did well with some of the speaking and manners with thanking the people for coming and donating and giving hi fives to preps and 1/2. Also with telling them about my topic because I didn’t miss on thing about any information not one bit we’ll maybe just a little but that’s what I think so I think I was pretty well.

Probably when I really liked Holly’s idea with bracelets and so I borrowed the idea.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    I could use better organisation skills by finding things because I lists my book and my information report but then when I had a goof look I found it.

What was important about the expo for you today?
    I liked when Mr Price asked me some tricky questions and I was able to answer his questions. I was also excited to have my mum come and see my work.

I explained about Malala and her fund to help girls get an education in Pakistan.

17. Emmi
    September 4, 2014 at 4:54 am

1.) Smile! And have better presentation.
    2.) I explained every thing to the people who came to my stall and earned $ 21.75 as donation money.
    3.) Holly ran over and encouraged Mr Price to see her stall and I ran to encourage my mum to my stall and I got a piece of banana bread! 🙂
    4.) I explained everything as I was asked and I answered all the questions.
    5.) My mum came to see my work.
    6.) I explained what SOS Children’s Villages does and about the daily lives of Ivorians.
    Emmi,

18. Jordan
    September 4, 2014 at 4:55 am

What I liked about the expo was that my dad came to see my work. I felt proud of my work. My topic was about being in Uganda to go to school. Today at expo I did well by getting lots of people to visit my stall and see my work. I also liked seeing other students work and how we can help children.

19. James
    September 4, 2014 at 4:55 am

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    Don’t talk to fast to small groups,talk louder to big groups of and not low.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    I got lots of people to come to my stand by asking them to come pleasing to come and learn about that most Nigeria kids don’t have a education and don’t have a home and live on the street.

Yes because other people were going to get people and asking them to got to there stands.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    Work as a team with my partner and get people to my stand by walking around asking them to come to my stand.
    What was important about the expo for you today?
    That a lot of people would donate to the charity and I had a lot of people at my stand donating to the charity.
    I explained to people about my mood bored and my compare and contrast.

20. Ethan
    September 4, 2014 at 4:56 am

1. I think I could improve on how my work looks and making it the best it can be because some of the pictures on my mood board had parts coming off and I am pretty sure that next time we have an inquiry expo there will not be any pictures hanging off.

2. I think I did really well, I was able to answer any hard questions people threw at me ( mr. Price ) and I was able to tell them the background how it links and if I could answer my inquiry question and they all agreed with me on my answers.

3. I did see a pattern and that was that I saw people going out and telling people come to my stand so that’s what I did

4. I can use my skill of speaking loudly and clearly and making sure I know all my answers.

21. Lam
    September 4, 2014 at 4:56 am

2) I had a happy day because people liked to come to my table because I liked it when the other people come to our table to give us lots of thinks to say to them so they will get more facts froI can say more word to make them to know more ideas and if a teacher come’s I will give them hard thinks to say and me and kaiden we’re tell people about our charity and I think that next time I will forces on my work and I should not get of task next time.

2) I had a happy day because people liked to come to my table from more ideas

22. Kane
    September 4, 2014 at 4:57 am

Dear Mrs Joyce,

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    I should get more pitchers because I did not pot a lot on my pitchers on my mood board.
    I all so should work on my language because I don’t really yous emotive words.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    I think I did out standing job because I spoke up.

I did what one of my friend dose he calls people to his table.

23. Maddyb
    September 4, 2014 at 4:57 am

I think next term I need to do better is get more people to come over to my table instead of staying behind the table at the expo.
    I think I was happy intell all the other kids and teachers came but I was stell confidence and I did not give up.
    I was explaining my charity we’ll not just saying my charity name and I was looking at other people work at less that what I think everyone was doing.
    Next term I will news the same skill as telling all my information and still explain all of it.
    Today at the expo the most importing thing was telling kids about my charity and teaching them.
    I was explain what UNICEF was by the way UNICEF stand for United Nations international emergency fund.

24. Danielle
    September 4, 2014 at 4:57 am

Hello Mrs Joyce
    Q1What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    I think my partner and I can be more agonised about our work and also work as a better team together.

Q2 How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    I think I did pretty good and I tried to get my partner to help me explain with me.

Q3 Do I see any patterns in what I did that was the same as others that helped me to be successful?

25. Miss B
    September 4, 2014 at 4:58 am

Expo day was a terrific success. It was great to see students sharing there learning and knowledge both with their peers, parents and teachers. Everyone should be proud of everything they have achieved.

26. Cadence Sophie
    September 4, 2014 at 4:58 am

I should fill in my mood board because I only had round about 18-20 pictures and I still had a little bit of space on it. I should also walk on talking more.

I did fabulous because we answered all of the question that were given to me and I encouraged people to come to my stall.

I saw people putting their mood boards on the wall behind them and they put put other things on the wall as well.

Putting my things on the wall so I have a lot more space and room to put all of our stuff.

Answering the questions because, so teachers know that we know our inquiry is about.

I explained what my question was about on my mood board.

27. September 4, 2014 at 4:59 am

Do I see any patterns in what I did that was the same as others that helped me to be successful? I did bracelets and then I saw that most of the people did it.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today? Asking kids to my stall to ask questions.

What was important about the expo for you today? For people in the community to come and view our inquiry work.

What did I explain to people today at the expo? I explained about my inquiry question, my charity, my inquiry book,my compare & contrast and my moodboard.

28. Emily B
    September 4, 2014 at 4:59 am

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    My pictures on my mood board because I had 12 pictures on it. I also had to put my work neatly in my book.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answers
    I had a issue today at expo and it was when people took our wrist band and we couldn’t sell them to people. I did well when I spoke we’ll to people who came to our stall and Jordan was shy of speaking to people. I also put my work well with presenting my work as I showed people in that way.

I was successful because of how I set up my work at expo.

It wasn’t enough time to do the rest SORRY mrs Joyce.

29. Cara
    September 4, 2014 at 5:00 am

I should fill in my mood board because I only had 50 pictures and I still had a little bit of space on it. I should also work on talking to the people that ask questions because I was only saying that if they donate they get a bracelet.

I did fabulous because we answered our questions very well and we got a lot of donations from lots of people and some of them gave us the rest of there fake money so we got $24.50 all together.

I saw people putting there mood boards up behind them so because I was up against a wall I put my mood board behind us so that we had more space on our table and we also had an idea of putting some of our bracelets up on the wall behind us as we’ll.

Putting things up behind me so I have more space on my table and I could make bracelets to give out to people that give us questions to answer

Answering the questions because so that teachers can see if we actually know what our inquiry question is about.

I explained what I had on my mood board and we also included the compare and contrast and we said what side is our school is on and the side that India’s school in on and we shared our facts about India
    and we included our charity as we’ll.

30. Jasmine
    September 4, 2014 at 5:00 am

1 I should work with my partner better.

2 I think I went really well at expo today because I explained my answers well and I can answer my question
    3 I encouraged people to my stall like other people did
    4 Encourage people to my stall.
    5 The most important part for me was explaining my thinking and about my charity.
    6 My charity, my charity started by a war in china a man named Dr.clark take action.

31. Phoebe
    September 4, 2014 at 5:01 am

What should I do next term better? I think next term I should be more prepeared on the questions that people ask me because at one stage I could not answer one that mrs Bradbury asked me and it was who is Syria in war with.

How we’ll did I go today at the expo? I think that I went well because me and Harry worked well as a group because if I was having trouble answering a question he would help me and it would also be the other way round if he needed help.

Do I see any patterns in what I did that was the same as others that helped me be successful? I saw Andrew encourageing people to come over to have a look at his stall so me and Harry did that too.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today? I think that I could use one skill that I think I was good at to day and it is working well as a group and I can also use it on lots of other stuff and not just on the inquiry expo.

What was important about the expo for your today? For me it was when I ran out of the braclets.

32. Holly
    September 4, 2014 at 5:01 am

Hi everyone,

What should I do next term better? Things to fix
    I think that next term I could improve when I talked because we would generally had two people at our stall and then in the middle of when I was talking another few people would come and ask me what was my question and it was really annoying because I was still talking to some other people. So I think that at the next expo we have I will invite all the people that look to be coming our way and then I will tell them all about the background and the charity but if some people still come when I’m talking I’ll kindly ask them to go to the stall next to us then to come back and ask there question.

How well did I do today at expo? Explain your answer
    I was energetic when I was trying to get heaps of people to come to our stall and donate to our charity because I would yell out too all the people near and get them to come over and find out about our save the children charity I was responsible when I was talking too all the other people and I would support the people that looked shy and uncomftorble to go and see the rest of the amazing inquiry that people have done.i tryed hard to answer the other peoples questions and when rebbeca symonds the newspaper article person came over I made shore that she had a bras let all the information we were giving out and I told her every thing I new about save the children.

I made sure that I asked all the people if they wanted a bracelet or any Imformation sheets and by doing that it Increeced my donations largely, I made sure that I promoted other peoples inquiry and i welcomed them to my stall and that I was telling them just about every thing I knew I also realised that I should ask the people if they have any questions to ask and that way they felt welcome an comfortable and like they’ve learned heaps.

What skills can I use next term that I used well today?
    Make sure that I tell everyone about what I’ve learnt before they aks questions.

33. Kane
    September 4, 2014 at 5:03 am

I should stay at my table and not leave my partner to all the work and the talking. I did pretty well because I answered a lot of questions well. I saw people incur edge people to come to there store. I can incur edged people to come to my store. That I answered people questions very well and I enjoyed it. I explained how BOCEP is helping Sudan people to get a better education and with out a education they can’t get a job.

34. Kate
    September 4, 2014 at 5:04 am

What should I do better next time? I should talk slower because today I talked a bit too fast and people only got a bit of my explanation of my inquiry. The good thing is they still enjoyed it and during the expo I realised I needed to slow down so I did. Next time I need to realise to talk slower straight away.

How did I go? I went well because I was able to answer all the questions. One that was hard was why do you think schools in Bali don’t have walls? I answered to let light in and to keep cold because in Bali they have a tropical climate which means it is hot in Bali.

What patterns did I see that I used that was the same as others that helped me be successful? I saw that people asked others if they would like to see their stand so I tried it and we got heaps of people. Before we tried it we had hardly any people come so it really helped.

What active learner skills did I use today that I can use next time? I was speaking up and encouraging others to donate to my charity which are great skills when presenting something so it would be great if I remember to do it next time.

What was important in the expo for me? It was important when all of the charity cards ran out because it ment people were interested in my presentation and wanted to donate.