Stunning photos of the Olympic mural that might break records in Rio.
As everyone knows Mrs Joyce loves global murals. She loves the colour, the artistry but most of all she loves the messages that the murals portray to the people that view them.
The mural that was prepared for the Rio Olympics is right up there with Joel Bergner’s work that Mrs Joyce is so inspired by. The images are of indigenous people from five continents of the world. One look has you drawn in and captivated.
This is great opportunity for Mrs Joyce to prepare a look to learn:
- Look closely and explain some of the things that catch your eye in the mural?
- Explain the use of colour? What do you think the colours are representing?
- What message do you think the artist is trying to get people to think about?
- What do you like about the mural? Explain with evidence (because…..)
- Is there anything you dislike about the mural? Explain with evidence (because ……..)