Katy Perry has released her latest Song and she has a string message underlying in the lyrics and the video clip. Students will unpack the film and will talk to the author about the meaning behind the lyrics.
As we watch the video clip together I would like you to think about the following questions:
- What do you notice about the people, are they different or are they actually the all the same?
- Think about the following quote ‘World of repetition and ignorance, where technology renders us oblivious to people’s real problems.’
- What do you think it means when all the houses fall from the ride?
- What is the meaning behind the petrol pumps pouring water? How does this symbolise the connection to the world water crisis?
- What does Katy notice when she is sitting watching the 3D movie?
- Skip Marley delivers the biggest message of the song, what is it?