“By setting a limited word count with a focused theme and a guaranteed audience beyond the class teacher, children have far greater motivation for writing. Those who are reluctant writers feel safe with only 100 words to write, whilst those more advanced writers can really extend themselves with the word restriction.” 100WC.org
Learning Intention: To be able to use descriptive language to write short, sharp pieces of writing.
- Use adjectives to describe nouns.
- Pick a moment and focus on describing this in detail.
- Place yourself in the moment.
- Choose a perspective you will write from.
- Use Sentence starters to support your writing.
- Write with only 100 words or close to.