look2learn

See Think Wonder

1. What do you see in the picture? Use descriptive sentences to describe what you see. You might like to use these sentence starters:
  • I see …..
  • Looking from the outside I view …..
  • My heart breaks as I see…..
  1. What do you think has happened here? Describe using powerful language.
  2. What does it make you wonder? Record 5 deep wonderings about the image. Can you try and answer your wonderings.
  3. Write a descriptive snapshot using the 5 senses. Write from the first person as of you are the man in the picture. Start with the opening words – Here I stand ……..

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 10.25.48 PM.png

Advertisements

One thought on “Thinking Critically : Look 2 Learn. See – Think – Wonder #globaled #OurGlobalClassroom #OneWorldOneClassroom

1. Liam
    March 19, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Looking from the outside I view the desolate land with a man scavanging to survive. I see the rusted wires that can cut through my flesh. I wonder who is responsable for this catasrophe.

2. Betty
    March 19, 2018 at 11:28 pm

1. I see broken shattered ruble and bricks. I see a poor man whose home has disappeared from him. I see broken cars, rusted and old. I see wires and bed frames. Structures that have been destroyed. Furniture in bits and pieces.
    2. I think an earthquake or war has happened witch has destroyed all the land and buildings.
    3. I wonder were all the people have gone? Was It a disgraceful war that brought broken hearts to every one?, or a shaky, scary earthquake to every ones dismay?

3. Dominic
    March 19, 2018 at 11:30 pm

1. My heart breaks as I see the shaderd parts of buildings. I see rusty trollys and a rusty old blue car broken lights smashed and bed frames and furniture and lots of bulky destroyed parts of buildings.

2. I think a eathquake or a natral war has happand and most of their town has been destroyed demolished wiped out gorn.

3. I wonder how many people have parished from this disaster that has become them.
    I wonder what horrible disaster has hit them.
    I wonder if they will be able to rebuild shelter.
    I wonder if they will ever over become this disaster.
    I wonder is they will find their lost things.

4. coby
    March 19, 2018 at 11:31 pm

1.What do you see in the picture?
    My heart breaks as I see all of my house being destroyed in my eyes it is heart broken.
    2.What do you think has happened here?
    i think that there has been a war and death to all the people must be terriours of what hapend here.
    3.What does it make you wonder? i think there was a natural disaster and all the people houes have been terrible been destroy.

5. puol
    March 19, 2018 at 11:32 pm

1.What do you see in the picture? i see a broken damge house. i see old rusted damge car. i can see rocky floor every where.

1.What do you think has happened here? i think there was a war there shooting or a disaster.

2.What does it make you wonder? it make’s me wonder because i think a earthqakes or risky serious ugly thing happped there.

Write from the first person as of you are the man in the picture. i could smell old dusty things on the floor it reminding me or the war.

6. Kiara :)
    March 19, 2018 at 11:32 pm

Here i stand at looking at the broken and damaged rubal of were people live breath and sleep i part of me just wants to be able to help them as watch helpless as they try to make a living i see Shattered buliding waiting to fall i see the souls of the people wanting be be cared about i wonder if people are dieing there i wonder if it a natural disaster or a war there.I wonder if there are children without parents there. I wonder if children try to flee the country with there parents. i see a car that seems to be demolished a bit

7. charlee:):):)
    March 19, 2018 at 11:33 pm

1.i see broken up briks and a ruty old smashed car. 2 My heart breaks because this bulding is smashed up and broken.3 i wonder if the man is there because maybe someone there died

8. Tyrone
    March 19, 2018 at 11:33 pm

1.What do you see in the picture?

I see what remains of a once great building now turned into a destroyed pile of poles and craked bricks. Everything that used to be here is now been destroyed, bricks,metal and bits of wood are laying here covered in dust and rocks.

2.What do you think has happened here?

A massive bomb has blown up this house turning it from tall and majestic to a giant pile of bricks and stones. I hope every one left before the building fell. Everything has turned to ash due to the bomb and the car has bullet holes the size of tenis and the amazing peacefull city is now a place of death.

3.What does it make you wonder? Record 5 deep wonderings about the image. Can you try and answer your wonderings.

how did the car get bullet holes? A: There may have been a gun fight before the building colapsed because the car has bullet holes and the headlights are broken.

What happened to the building?

why is that man/women there? A: I think that she/him is collecting junk to sell to get money for it because nobody will be out there unless they really had to or If they are a soilder.

9. Haylee
    March 19, 2018 at 11:33 pm

1.I see rubble and rubbish everywhere.I can see a rusty car and a poor man trying to find something to sell for money.2.I wonder why all the rubble is on the ground?I think the rubble is on the ground because of a natural diaster.I wonder how many people might live in the rubble?I thinkif there are people living in the rubble there might not be that many because they might find somewhere a bit mire safe to sleep.

10. baden
    March 19, 2018 at 11:33 pm

i see what looks like a war zone i speend all day serching frow the rubel of what was the cosey life ternd in to a gient nightmear just think the kid that run arond and play and the peopel that spent so lone making a live a living and all to see it gon in a blike of a eye

11. Aslan
    March 19, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I see.. A buliding has fallen down and i think it is a place of war andhey have to survive and they didnt make it out so they have to survive. i think it might have been a natural distare or a boming that distroyed that area and killing half of the people.if it was a natural disaster why didnt the people get saved or did they come back when the disater fineshed.

12. Alan
    March 19, 2018 at 11:34 pm

1.I see a bosted car and shate rokes i see bante maedle roweds. 2.What do you think has happened here? It was no asordint it was on popse they got bomed from the war.

13. Lachlan
    March 19, 2018 at 11:35 pm

1 I see smashed dirty bricks with a massive pile of rubal the car is rusted a smashed house wit a poor man whos lovely house got distroyed.
    2 Looking from the outside I view i think a earthqacke,a war zone, bombs and a army or a nuke.
    3 My heart breaks as I see a gint pile of a distroted house

14. Morgan
    March 19, 2018 at 11:35 pm

I see a trashed and broken car and a demolished land with a man trying to find rubble and plastic.
    from the view I see broken buildings.
    as my heart breaks I see a land that looks like a bomb had landed.
    here i stand smelling the air

15. Nakiesha
    March 19, 2018 at 11:35 pm

1.What Do You See In The Picture?I see dusty bricks all on the ground.

2.What Do You Think Has Happened Here? 1.I think there was a war here because it looks like something whats happened after a war. 2.I wonder why there was an old rudty dirty car I think theres a rusty dirty car because someone crashed their car and just hopped out of the car and then just left it there.

3.What Does It Make You Wonder?Here I stand in front of this wall thats still standing except for everything else.

16. Romario
    March 19, 2018 at 11:35 pm

#1 I see an old beaten up trashed car with bullet holes in it. The photo reminds me of the war my Grandma was in when she was a teenager. There is nothing left of the building except a pile of broken bricks and tangelled metal.

#2 I think it got blown apart by a tank or a missile or it could of been an airstrike from a chopper.

17. Branden
    March 19, 2018 at 11:36 pm

1. I see briks on the thilfey grouni can see this wasa nice plece but now itdoesatlook as good as it did befour this tragetey has hapend.

2. i think that a a terowboul and unbeleveable eathqack has hapend hire. i whounder if it is his house. i whounder if thereisa piep line around the house.

18. Shakayla
    March 19, 2018 at 11:36 pm

1 my heart breaks as i see the tears stroll down peoples face on to the old trashed ground of the deserted town. 2 i have the right to asume that this was not on purpose but it was a natural disaster that has destroyed not only peoples homes but their hearts. i wonder if my guess is right or there was a war.

19. Nyamal
    March 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm

looking from the outside I view a demolish land and dangerous lake of broke blokes i wonder what hapen was there war in this ruble was there a erthquak i see a man looking around i wond if he survive in this rublle.

20. Deegan
    March 19, 2018 at 11:43 pm

#1 I see heaps of broken bricks and bullet holes in the trashed car. A manis looking for food,water and maybe a place to sleep.
    #2 I think there has been a war.
    #3 it makes me feel sad for the people.
    I wonder what it looked like before.
    Maybe it was the mans house once.

21. March 19, 2018 at 11:58 pm

LOOK TO LEARN

Q1: What do you see in the picture?
    ~ A place that has been affect either by natural causes or war making that place in the picture a war zone. Something that could be sold for a lot of money for somebody who wants a car to restore. This would also be good for survival that requires money. A man sitting in the rubble that is probably wondering what the heck is going on, like I would also if I was that person.

Q2: What do you think has happened here?
    ~ I believe that this area has been effected by war and has unfortunately had a bomb blow this area up and blast rubble everywhere. Which would be quite devastating if this was you.

Q3: What does this image make you wonder? Record 5 deep wonderings.
    ~ Is my inference correct and is this area actually affected by war?
    ~ How widespread is this damage?
    ~ If this was an earthquake that has affected the area in the image, what magnitude was it?
    ~ How many people are affected in the area of this photo?
    ~ Has the car in the image ever able to drive and if so, was the people in the scene wealthy?

SNAPSHOT: Where do I stand? In rubble. That’s the only way to put this question for miles… RUBBLE. My home, my city, my town is gone. And why? Just because of conflict that has innocent people out on the streets with nowhere to go because of others negligence… It just leaves me wondering what to do next? I don’t have a lot of money and we haven’t eaten in days, nor had any water… I wonder what happens when we a starving or dehydrated. What do we do next? Do we go looking, even though it could be very dangerous? This leaves me in meltdown not knowing what to do and how…