Welcome back 5/6J. Over the next couple of days you will prepare a mini research investigation to understand the meaning behind ANZAC Day.
You will need to complete the following:
- Choose an investigation area.
- Research your topic area using key words.
- Prepare a double entry journal in your Writer’s Notebook – Facts/ Thinking
- Research and locate pictures that explain your investigation topic. You will need at least 6.
- Place your pictures into an Animoto presentation. See Mrs Joyce’s example in the previous post on the blog.
- Present you finished findings Thursday afternoon, showing an advance understanding of your research area.
Research Areas to Choose from:
- Research the role played by Australian troops and by the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels in Papua New Guinea.
- Research the Kokoda story. Read about the Kokoda Trail and its meaning.
- Research the Gallipalli Campaign.
- Research the landing at Gallipalli. https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/E70
- Research the history of ANZAC Day.
- Research the significance of the Dawn Service on ANZAC Day.
- Research the story of Simpson and his Donkey.
- Research ANZAC heroes. Tell us why these people are heroes. http://anzacheroes.com.au/
Websites that may help your research