Creating Animoto’s of School Murals Around The World #OurGlobalClassroom

School Murals

This week I would like you to explore school murals around the world. I have found some absolutely amazing murals for you to take a look at and examine the message within the Art Work.

2. Find in google murals different than here on the blog and create an Animoto to share your global school murals.

3. If you have time in your Writer’s Notebook design your own mural for our school. Create a slogan (message) to inspire your mural eg Tone Trust Respect

Here are some examples:

One thought on “Creating Animoto’s of School Murals Around The World #OurGlobalClassroom

1. jenifer
    July 29, 2014 at 3:59 am

Observe: I observe people sitting and standing on some books stacked up on each other.

2. Abbie rose
    July 29, 2014 at 4:16 am

(O) I observe that these kids are at a library and books are stacked up on each other.

3. Nick
    July 29, 2014 at 4:16 am

it is cool how it is how it is

4. Kane
    July 29, 2014 at 4:16 am

Some of them are on walls.

• Kane
      July 31, 2014 at 3:49 am

Hi mrs Joyce.
      I’m continuing on my home work.
      They are all coulerfull.
      There all happy.
      There different pichers.

5. Leah4j
    July 29, 2014 at 4:17 am

The all have bright colours
    I see one on an enterance and some murals on walls
    I wounder how they paint them

6. Liam
    July 29, 2014 at 4:18 am

I observe that they sprayed their Mural up on their walls.
    My wondering is why did they spray paint it on the walls?

7. July 29, 2014 at 4:19 am

I see funny faces on the wall. I also see kids holding the earth,signs with active learner words,paintings around the door.

8. Danielle
    July 29, 2014 at 4:20 am

Dear mrs Joyce
    1. Examine what is common about the murals? What do you observe and wonder about the similarities and differences? The commen thing about the pitchers is they are bright and they have a lot of detail .
    I will finish tonight

9. Liam H
    July 29, 2014 at 8:02 am

1. I observe that the school teachers are painting their murals up on the wall.
    My wonder is why didn’t they put it on a poster on the front of the school?
    2. On 7/29/2014
    3. http://animoto.com/play/sG3n3nvjdTSW2EuxDXlzrw

10. alex
    July 29, 2014 at 8:03 am

(O) I observe that the similarities that they are very colorful and bright like a rainbow and they also help people and let them explorer there knowledge and also some of the paintings/drawings have greeting words like welcome and hello and all thosse things.(O) I observe that the differences are that some paintings/drawings are on walls and some are on entries I also know that some of the paintings/drawing
    mean different meanings.(W) I wonder when they painted/drawn the pitchers for example if they painted/drawn the pitchers when they built the school or if they did it when the school was already built when the kids went to school.I wonder if they do actully mean something or if it is a symble of something.

11. harry
    July 30, 2014 at 6:18 am

hello
    i obseve smiley faces smiling on a unique wall of fabulous art work
    and the diffrent things are they are all based on different topics on each wall and the landmarks the same things are they are all bright colours

12. Holly
    July 30, 2014 at 9:04 am

Hi Mrs Joyce,
    (O)I observe that the simililaritis are that they are all based on education and kids having fun at school and kids having fun learning about diffirent things. (O)i can also observe that they are having fun and playing around In the park. (O).I Have also noticed that the pictures all are about life opportunity happiness and education at schoo.

(W)I wonder if the artest behind the picture was a teacher and thought that they needed some coulur and to get the message through to people that school is a place for opportunity happiness and hope.
    (W) I wonder if any one other than me has been inspired by the pictures and painted something like it on ther walls at school.(although I wasn’t inspired to do it on the walls at school I am just happy doing it on paper.

• Emmi
      July 30, 2014 at 9:19 am

Hi, holly,
      I was also very inspired about the murals. I am trying to do my picture tonight.

13. Emmi
    July 30, 2014 at 9:15 am

1. I observe all of the murals exept one are very brightly couloured and one of the murals is painted on a entrance the rest are painted on walls, I observe that three of the murals are mosaic ( made of tiles ) I observe that most of the murals have school children on them also children from around the world. I wonder what all of the murals slogans are?

14. nick
    July 31, 2014 at 3:41 am

One of the things are diffrunt ways it was prusented and the culus how thay could pot it around a entry

15. Emmi
    July 31, 2014 at 3:41 am

Hi, Mrs Joyce,
    I’m just adding a few questions to my homework!
    I wonder if the students where involved in painting the murals? I wonder why they teachers chose to do mosaic for their murals? I don’t think the mural with all the aliens and stuff has to do with respect and honesty and education stuff. It is hard to think about questions for the murals similarities.
    Emmi, 🙂

16. Liam
    July 31, 2014 at 3:46 am

1.I obserb all these murals are painted on the walls with colour patterns circles shapes fat lines small lines and of course there school meaning like our schools trust tone recpect.
    My wounder is why did some of those murals not have their school meaning eg: Trust tone recpect

17. Jordan
    July 31, 2014 at 3:49 am

1. Examine what is common about the murals? What do you observe and wonder about the similarities and differences? Same students different books, signs, leafs, faces,flowers.

18. Emily Bhugwana
    July 31, 2014 at 3:54 am

Why did the people how did the painting where they did it?
    Why did they do the painting like that?
    Why did they think of it?

19. Max
    July 31, 2014 at 4:00 am

They all have faces they all are pitchers nelly all over the pitchers Sume

20. jenifer
    July 31, 2014 at 5:53 am

(O) I observe that the similarities that they are very colorful and bright like a rainbow and they also help people and let them explorer there knowledge and also some of the paintings/drawings have greeting words like welcome and hello and all those things.(O) I observe that the differences are that some paintings/drawings are on walls and some are on entries I also know that some of the paintings/drawing
    mean different meanings.(W) I wonder when they painted/drawn the pitchers for example if they painted/drawn the pitchers when they built the school or if they did it when the school was already built when the kids went to school. I wonder if they do actually mean something or if it is a symbol of something,(O) I observe that the similarities are that they are all based on education and kids having fun at school and kids having fun learning about different things. (O)I can also observe that they are having fun and playing around in the park. (O).I has also noticed that the pictures all are about life opportunity happiness and education at school.(W)I wonder if the artist behind the picture was a teacher and thought that they needed some color and to get the message through to people that school is a place for opportunity happiness and hope. (W) I wonder if anyone other than me has been inspired by the pictures and painted something like it on their walls at school.(although I wasn’t inspired to do it on the walls at school I am just happy doing it on paper,
    Jenifer

21. jenifer
    July 31, 2014 at 9:43 am

Dear Mrs Joyce I cant get into Animtot or Haiku deck because it wont let me log nin to it.

22. Danielle
    July 31, 2014 at 11:52 am

‘Dear Mrs Joyce
    The commen thing about the pictures is they are bright , colourful and they have a lot of detail and it make every one happy when they see theses paintings they bring happiness , respect , and encourage each other.

(w) I believe the students put their creative mind together and made a safer and happier environment and making school enjoyable.

sorry Mrs Joyce I don’t have the right connect to finish my animo or haki deck

23. James
    July 31, 2014 at 11:21 pm

1. The common thing about the pictures are they are bright and detailed and have a message in it.
    (O) I observe detailed murals and they are bright and that have a very good message in it with is very smart.
    (W) I wonder

24. Max
    August 1, 2014 at 3:13 am

They all have faces. they all are pitchers.
    nelly all over the pitchers related to education.
    Some are on walls,doors,entries.