Advertisements

Look to Learn: Central African Republic

Observe – Wonder – Infer

1. What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here.
  3. What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture.

Prospectors work at the open-pit Djoubissi gold mine

Advertisements

One thought on “Think Critically Look to Learn: Central African Republic #L2L #GlobalEd #thinking #OGC

1. Emmi
    April 30, 2014 at 4:54 am

Dear Global readers,
    1. I observe that the people are from a culture somewhere in central Africa from what you have written and the people’s skin colour. I also observe that the people at the top of the rock pyramid thingy are digging. I see that in some places it is carved as a giant stair case.

2. Destiny
    May 29, 2017 at 9:58 am

1. I observe that people are from a culture somewhere or central Africa from what i have seen from the skin.i also also observe that they are cutting rocks.In some places i can see some sort of staircase.I think they are building something or are making staircase down to like down to a waterfall or a deck because i have a feeling that theirs a deck or a waterfall.

3. Zach
    May 30, 2017 at 5:36 am

1.What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I observe a lot of people gathered in what looks to be an old quarry.
    ——————————————————————————-
    I observe two sand hills at the top (one behind the other).
    ——————————————————————————-
    I observe a lot of people that aren’t children anywhere. (adults).
    ——————————————————————————-
    2.What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I wonder what they’re doing.
    ——————————————————————————-
    Why are everyone adults in this picture?
    ——————————————————————————-
    Where do they live?
    ——————————————————————————-
    3.What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1.I think they are trying to make a desert into a peaceful grassland with beautiful trees.
    I think they are gathering around the desert (maybe) to change the desert into a grassland and where people can live (like making a town).
    ——————————————————————————-
    2.What might happen next is probably going to be bad. like, if they cant do it or they need more help.
    ——————————————————————————-
    3.The time of day is very cloudy so I think it might be bed time for us but just morning for them.
    ——————————————————————————-

4. georgia
    May 30, 2017 at 9:12 am

I wonder if they are climbing.
    I observe they going to make something.
    I infer people go than sometimes.

5. lachlan
    May 30, 2017 at 9:46 pm

1.I wonder if they are bilding a house on the clef because their is a tool box.
    2.I can see people going down the clef to biuld a house.
    3.I infer that some one is going to get hert by falling off the clef.

6. Thon
    May 31, 2017 at 7:10 am

I observe lots of people bunched up together.
    I observe people walking down from the cliff.
    I observe some people have bags on their backs.

I wonder if it is a African culture?
    I wonder how many people are there?
    I wonder where they are going?

I think they are going to school because most of the people have bags on their backs.
    I think there are about over 1000 people there because there is lots of people.
    I think they are really going to hurt them selves because they are so high up on the cliff.

7. Sarah
    May 31, 2017 at 9:31 am

I see people crowding up their gathering

I wonder if their are trying to billed a piramered or something alse. Why are they gathering?

What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture.I think that they are making something to get faster to get water at the lake so they can’t slip on the slippery dirty rocks.

8. June 1, 2017 at 8:09 am

What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here. Its look like a desert.

What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions. They look like they are digging for warter or diamonds.

What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture. I think its the afternoon and i think they found gold

9. aleisha
    June 2, 2017 at 2:08 am

What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence a live of stears cas Do not make an inference here.
    2.What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? i thing they are at school and what they are doing? Ask questions
    3.What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture i thing they looking for GOLD What might happen next? l thingthey are going to bither thing What time of the day is it DAY LIGHT Look beyond the picture

10. olivia
    July 17, 2019 at 11:38 pm

I observe people passing objects to each other.

I wonder how long they stay here a day?

I infer that they are gold mining because i have seen people mining like this before and the ten in the back could be the place where they crush the bigger rocks to get the gold out of them ad pan the dirt with water.

11. Harmony
    July 17, 2019 at 11:43 pm

What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. I observe a dry and dirty desert with no life.
    What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions I wonder if there’s treser there.
    I infer that the humans will fall down the hill if they don’t be coustion.

12. Lachlan
    July 17, 2019 at 11:45 pm

I observe that people are passing things down.
    I wonder if they are passing dow gold?
    I infer that they are at a gold mine.

13. Tylah
    July 17, 2019 at 11:45 pm

OBSERVE: I see a man passing an object to another man after digging.
    WONDER: I wonder if they are burying for gold or their ancestors had left something behind for them to dig up.
    INFER: I infer that they have made important discovery because there are loads of people bunched up in that area.

14. July 17, 2019 at 11:46 pm

1.Observe, I see people and families working and digging.
    2.Wonder, I wonder if the people and families are slaves working for the gold mine?
    3.Infer, i infer that the people are passing something up the stairs.

15. Mitchell
    July 17, 2019 at 11:46 pm

Observe: People at the top of the mines tossing things to each other.
    Wonder: Are they tossing ores to each other?
    Infer: I infer they are tossing to each other so they can get it to the storage they use.

16. Vjay
    July 17, 2019 at 11:46 pm

I see people working their bones off to a granule of dust digging up dirt that just blows away in the wind. they stagger up and down just to find and reveal the rare and natural gold and ores they need to build with.

I wonder how many people die trying to go up and down the cliff face every year by a humble small tiny pebble that can’t hurt anyone until they step on it.

I would say at least over 10 die in a year with how many have gripped shoes.

17. siarah
    July 17, 2019 at 11:48 pm

OBSERVE

I see people walking.

I see a tent.

I see a staircase.

I see people with shovels.

WONDER

I wonder where they going.

I wonder why a tent is they for.

I wonder why they is a staircase if there is a mountain that is easy to clime.

I wonder what there digger for with the shovels.

INFER

I infer the people are walking.

I infer the tent is for the things they find.

I infer that the staircase is they for the kids.

I infer that there finding something.

18. Aleisha
    July 17, 2019 at 11:48 pm

I observe a tent with some people in it
    my wondering is why are there tent?
    i’m inferring that the tent might be a first aid.

19. seth
    July 17, 2019 at 11:50 pm

observation. people at the other side ard resting. people are digin.

wonder. do they ever get tried. i wonder if they are doing for the government. do they get a lot of money for doing this.

i infer if they are going to help each other up top.i infer they are going to get more shovels.

20. Emelia
    July 17, 2019 at 11:52 pm

1. What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. I see a staircase.
    2. What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions. Why is the staircase not being used?
    3. What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? I think it is midday.

21. baine
    July 17, 2019 at 11:52 pm

I observation all the people are so tried. I observation the people are making a big stars
    I wonder why the people are digging in sand? I wonder why they don’t cut down the tree to make a umbrella made of sticks and leafs
    I inter the the tent is a hospital

22. sierra
    July 17, 2019 at 11:54 pm

i observe that they are trying to make or trying to sculpt a sculpture of a pyramid for a site seers to look at it or a path way.

i wonder if they are trying to dig for gold or crystals so they can sale it for some money for something.

i infer that a hole lot of people from different cultures come to dig up items like diamonds and gold

23. Emillee
    July 17, 2019 at 11:55 pm

What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here. I observe people digging and parcing up what appears to be shovels as they try to build a pyrimid like castle.
    What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions what is this place called?
    What would happen if someone happened to fall off?
    why are some people sitting at the bottom and the people at the top are building
    What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture. There are massive man made stairs being built douwn the middle but on the side have two small stair cases.

24. Brock
    July 17, 2019 at 11:56 pm

I observe people digging. I wonder what there mining for. i think there mining for gold

25. travis
    July 17, 2019 at 11:57 pm

observe: i see a dangerous rocky cliff with lots of people on in it.

wonder: i wonder what it actually is and where it is.

i infer that it is in Egypt because it looks like lots of small pyramids.

26. Tshawn
    July 18, 2019 at 12:08 am

I see lost of people passing things to each other and passing down to people.

27. Kodi
    July 18, 2019 at 12:17 am

I observe a line of people passing things.
    I observe man made stairs.
    I wonder where is it located?
    I wonder why there is a big whole in the ground?
    I infer it’s it africa.
    I infer there digging for gold.

28. Mackenzie
    July 18, 2019 at 12:24 am

1.What do you observe in the picture? i can observe that they are continuing to build a home or a small town for themselves to live in so they can stay warm through the night. (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here. why would they want to build that kind of thing in the middle of nowhere on a sandy platform.
    What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions. what are the steps for? how many steps do they need? are they building a path do get their way down the hill? the people are digging with shovels.What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture?
    What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture. i think that it is midday. i think that this might happen next, i think that they might build their way down.

29. retit
    July 18, 2019 at 12:42 am

I wonder why they are dig a hole.