Advertisements

About

I have a background in Linguistic, literature, media, education and children’s publishing with national and international companies. Since 2007 I have worked with BBC World Service, OFRD, IRC, ASGO, Save the Children International and MoE/TVET. Currently I am working as Reading Materials Development Specialist with Chemonics International/Resources, Skills and Capacities in Early Grade Reading in Afghanistan Project which is funded by USAID.

During 10 years of my experience with mentioned companies, I was involved in developing curriculum for Pre-School, teacher & school shura training manuals for CBE, reading supplementary materials for primary grades, conducting EGRA/EGMA, RRNT, reading materials assessment and other media and cultural activities in Afghanistan.

Moreover I have BA and MA in Linguistics & Literature from Kabul University. Meanwhile I am the Author and translator of more than 100 books in field of Art, Drama, Aesthetics, Literature, especially child literature and curriculum for technical and vocational institutes.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

One thought on “Student Prepare to meet the inspirational Muhib Ur Rahman Muhib. #OGC #Our GlobalClassroom

1. Emillee
    July 22, 2019 at 12:19 am

How long long does their snack and lunch go for?
    How many children are in one school or in one class room?
    Are there schools around that country with the same language?
    What would they do in an emergency e.g. War, stampedes, ect?

• July 22, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Thank you for all the questions you have raised. Their school hours are 3 to 4 and schools have mostly two shifts( morning and afternoon). They get lunch and snack at home before or after their school time. Their are different school will big and small population. Mostly there are more than 45 students in a classroom even exceed to 70 students. In Afghanistan there are two official languages; Pashto and Dari while we have 47 other Afghan languages. In emergency cases their are no special preventive actions and they have been targeted many times.

2. sophie
    July 22, 2019 at 12:24 am

1: I wonder how long their school goes for?
    2: I wonder where they get their school suplize?
    3: I wonder if they are in different year levles?
    4: I wonder what they learn about?
    5: I wonder if they have snack and lunch?
    6: I wonder if disabilite kids go to school?

• July 22, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Actually these are community based education schools established by I/NGOs in remote and insecure areas where there is no public school in 3 KM distance. Implementers support these classes for three years and then handover to the ministry of education. Ministry establish new primary or integrate it in public hub school according to the policy. The follow the official curriculum and do some extra curricular activities. Some of them are internal displaced or migrants due to war and luck of job opportunities for their parents. They are in bad economical situation and mostly work in Agricultur. As these classes establish in village with limit grades for those who are not enrolled in school that is why they are different in age. There are some disable students.

3. Emillee
    July 22, 2019 at 12:25 am

I infer that some of the children look very young.
    I infer most of th class rooms have a hard rock wall.
    I infer nearly all th children have brown eyes.

• July 22, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Yes, your prediction is almost correct. Mostly the students are aged between six and ten. The classroom belongs to the community people. They have permitted to use their rooms for schooling. All the students are beautiful as you are.

4. Tylah
    July 22, 2019 at 12:27 am

I wonder how many hours they get taught a day?
    I wonder what type of learning do they do around the classroom?
    Do they have weather drills for the outside classroom?
    Are there any hiding places in case of an attack?
    Are there any medical aid?

I infer that some things may have been donated to the school.
    I infer they are in a barrier because it looks like there is a rock wall sorrounding the outside class.
    I infer that some kids may be scared of an attack because they look empty.

• July 22, 2019 at 2:47 pm

The school hours are different by size, shift and grades. In early grades they study for three to four hours. They have official curriculum with about 6 subjects in early grades. Now some subjects will be integrated, some will be removed and they will have only language/ literacy, mathematics and religious subjects. They have limited outdoor activities due limitations of the space and equipment. There no medical aids, except wash and hygiene training and they don’t have any safe room. Unfortunately there are hundreds of schools burned and closed by insurgent. Yeah, they hardly need to be supported and they are scared of attacks and other issues. But they are brave and continue their education in any kind of situations. They don’t three down their books and pen even if they are injured in attack.

5. Siarah
    July 22, 2019 at 12:27 am

I wonder why there is no roof.

I wonder if any of them have a car.

I wonder if there is a bin in the classroom.

i wonder if there on the floor the teacher is too.

I wonder why she is not at school but on the street.

I wonder if there have a playground.

I wonder if there have people that help them if the teacher is busy.

I wonder if they have snack and lunch time.

• July 22, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Their schools need to be equipped. Somehow they are supported by organizations and community but most Afghan lost their wealth in war and there are no job opportunities. The girl is working on the street. Polishing shoes and study in the same time. She is the one to support her family. She lost her father in a suicide attack.😥 but she strong and go ahead toward her goals. There is no a back up teacher.

6. Vjay
    July 22, 2019 at 12:27 am

Do they have limited text books or do they have a library full of books?
    Are the resources donated and whom donated it?
    Who helped build the classrooms and who got you the money for it?
    Why do some classrooms have only girls and some only boys then their mixed?

• July 22, 2019 at 2:59 pm

They have limited text books while some classes have small classroom libraries with few of my children illustrated books. Somehow they are supported but need more to be done for then. There are thousands of such schools while our resources are limited. We can reach all of them. Classrooms are donated by community for short time. There are some cultural issues that is why some are only girls and some are mixed in gender.

7. Emelia
    July 22, 2019 at 12:28 am

I wonder if the older kids work and study and if the younger kids study? Why are the girls separated from the boys? We’re the school bags donated?

• July 22, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Mostly they are working in agricultur and help their parents. The girls are separated due to some cultural issues or because of warning by insurgents. Even some the girls and boys schools are closed or girls are not allowed to study after grade 3 or 6. There are lots of child marriage cases.

8. olivia
    July 22, 2019 at 12:28 am

Do the teachers get payed if so how much do they get payed?
    What subjects do they have?
    How many teachers run the schools?
    Do the parents have to pay and if so how much do they pay?
    Were things donated if so what things were and what from?
    Do they have high schools and places for the younger kids?

9. Thon
    July 22, 2019 at 12:29 am

How will the no roof protect them when it is raining? How do they get posters when the place is so war based? Why do some classrooms only have girls or only have boys? Why is the classroom outside and not inside?

Maybe the posters were donated to the people at the school. I infer this school is very multicultural because lots of people with scarfs over their heads. I infer that maybe that the no roof classroom was destroyed but they still go to that based destination.

10. Lachlan
    July 22, 2019 at 12:29 am

Why are there so many anker charts on the wall?
    I wonder if all of their books and bags and school suplys were donated?
    Do they have a libary?
    Do they have a high school?
    How many books do they have to learn with?
    What do they learn every day?

11. Mitchell
    July 22, 2019 at 12:30 am

How many teachers work with these children? Do they have snack and lunch time? How many of the schools have both boys and girls?

12. Brock
    July 22, 2019 at 12:31 am

Why do they use the sticky notes? I wonder why they need posters? How many schools does Muhib Ur Rahman work at

13. July 22, 2019 at 12:31 am

Are they allowed to write in their text books?
    Is the other teacher a supervisor?
    Do they just learn from their textbooks?
    How many schools does Muhib Ur Rahman Muhib teach at?

14. Brodie
    July 22, 2019 at 12:32 am

I wonder how they get paper?

I wonder if they take food in there bags or is there food there for them?

Do the scarfs keep them warm and what do they mean?

15. Sierra
    July 22, 2019 at 12:32 am

I wonder if they have snack and lunch ?

I wonder what time they start school and what time they finish school?

I wonder if some one donated the stuff they use like the bookks and the bags ?

I wonder if they have read alouds ?

16. Jeremy
    July 22, 2019 at 12:33 am

I see rubbish in the river. I see multiple aged people. I see wooden desks. I see a boy wrapped in a blanket. I see a black board. Why is there a girl on a street doing school work. Why is there rubbish in the river. Why is there an arch over the classroom. I infer that one classroom has more money spent on it than the others.

17. Kodi
    July 22, 2019 at 12:39 am

We’re the resorses donated?
    How long do Thay go to school for?

18. Baine
    July 22, 2019 at 12:41 am

I see kids learning, I see thinking chats.I wonder why one of the class has no roof. I infer were ever they go they have there bags

19. Mackenzie
    July 22, 2019 at 12:45 am

Why are the girls dressed up coulorful and then the boys are dresssed in ragged and dirty clothes?
    What holds up the pols in the ground?
    How many schools are in the country?
    Do you help every country in distruction?
    What other country did you help?